Implementing Your Investment Strategy
Your financial plan will set the stage for the development of your investment strategy. Regular attention to the performance of your investments towards your goals helps ensure that your plans remain on-track. Your investments will be planned and implemented by:
Determining your risk tolerance- we will help you identify an investment profile that matches your financial goals with your tolerance for market risk.
Building a model portfolio- state-of-the-art portfolio management software allows for the creation of a model portfolio that balances long-term performance targets with your tolerance for risk.
Implementing your plan-with your model portfolio as a template, we will choose the appropriate investments to help achieve your goals.
Monitoring your investments- Even with the right asset allocation strategy it is critical that we together regularly track and evaluate your portfolio’s performance against your stated investment goals.
Rebalancing– retuning your portfolio to maintain the allocations indicated in the model portfolio is undertaken in the context of any changes in your personal situation.
Meeting regularly– to review your progress and discuss any recommended changes.
We will design an investment policy statement for you that explains how you will invest, how those investments match your feelings about taking financial risks, and what you can expect from us along the way. You will understand everything we do for you; your investments, the fees, and investment performance. You can rest assured that everything we do is in your best interest.
Expertise Serving Business Owners, Physicians, And Executives
We specialize in assisting business owners, doctors, and corporate executives with funding their retirement. Business owners typically need to supplement the money they get from the sale of the business or practice to fully fund their retirement, and cannot rely solely on those proceeds for all of their retirement income needs. There are many ways to build assets and provide tax advantages for owners, physicians, and executives including:
- Profit Sharing Plans - new comparability and age weighted
- 401(k) Plans
- Money Purchase Pension Plans
- Sophisticated Group Plans
- Defined Benefit Plans (traditional investments)
- Defined Benefit Plans (412 (e) (3) – guaranteed interest*)
- Defined Benefit Plans (cash balance)
- Simplified Employer Pensions (SEP Plans)
- Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE)
- Equity Split Dollar, using corporate dollars for personal insurance
- Executive Bonus plans, fully tax-deductible to the employer and totally selective in participation.
- Deferred Compensation plans
- Salary Continuation plans
- Captive Insurance Plans
- or any combination of the above
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help, please get in touch; we’ll be glad to sit down with you.
* guarantees are dependent on the claims paying ability of the insurer.